A primary aim of the Pebblebed Heaths Conservation Trust is to promote public awareness of the wildlife of East Devon and to encourage responsible environmental stewardship. A key focus of our education programme is engagement with local children through their schools, with fieldtrips onto the heaths and other local habitats arranged and hosted annually by Conservation Trust staff, and supported by local community groups such as the Otter Valley Association.
Through Countryside Learning Clinton Devon Estates aims to improve awareness and appreciation of the countryside for all ages. For schools we deliver educational experiences in the beautiful East Devon countryside.
- Visits to living landscapes including our farms, forests, the Pebblebed Heaths and River Otter
- Support for self-led visits
- Planned visits delivered by a qualified teacher and DBS checked staff.
- Curriculum links and resources
- Risk assessments and pre-visit support.
- Working with Pre-school to KS4 and beyond.
Please contact us for more information or to arrange your educational visit.
email@example.com 01395 446918
In 2015 over 600 children from local primary schools visited the heaths, woods and farmland. Activities included hedgerow ageing, plant biodiversity, bug hunts and stream sampling and learning about the history and management of the commons. Please click here to view a report of our activities in 2013 and here to view our report for 2014.
< View all events